Need some basic help

tintreach

2012-01-26 19:19:31

I'm currently working on a project and trying to get up to speed on this. I plan on heading out to the bookstore to pick up a book or 2 on MIDI programming later today.

At them moment I'm trying to translate a key on my keyboard to a mouse click. That's working just fine, the problem is when I release the key it triggers again. The Incoming MIDI was identified a 90 30 pp. I'm assuming it has something to due to the velocity variable at the end but I haven't been able to dig up much information on this.

Thanks and excuse the ignorance,
Aaron

PS. I did try to search the forums but kept telling me I was using to common of words....

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-26 20:07:02

You have it right. The pp variable is what's screwing you up. You only want it to trigger on the down press, so to do that you're going to Capture the MIDI when you press it down and uncheck "Listen" before you release. It should be 7F, which is 127, or full velocity. In the future you can replace the pp with 7F to only get the down press, or 00 for the release.

Make sense?

tintreach

2012-01-26 20:26:59

Yes it makes perfect sense. However setting the velocity to 127 isn't working. If its set to pp or 0, the actions work. Mouse moves to X,Y and left clicks either up or down or just just up on the midi keyboard depending on what the variable is set to, nothing happens at 127

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-26 20:30:48

You need to set the velocity to 7F, which is hex is 127. So the incoming action should read

90 00 7F

where 90 00 is whatever the channel/signal type and note/cc number. Or just select Listen, press down and uncheck Listen before you release the button, in case the downpress is velocity sensitive. Which, actually, might be the case. If it is then have it read out 90 00 pp, but insert a rule that says

if pp==0 then exit rules, skip outgoing action

tintreach

2012-01-26 21:24:24

OK, now I'm clear and its starting to make sense. Thanks for lending a hand and the education

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-26 21:37:47

Not a problem at all. Feel free to ask more questions if more confusion arises.