Constant CRC check failure in Mac v1.6.3

Maddcow

2012-01-22 03:38:14

Hi there. I recently had a need to use BMT again for a new, ongoing project. I haven't used it for a while (and several versions) but every time I use it now (v1.6.3 om Mac OSX 10.7.2), I get the following CRC error "CRC check failed! Please reinstall Bome's MIDI Translator Pro." So I've reinstalled a couple of times now but am still getting the same error....and driving me nuts because I can't use the software at all due to this error. In fact, I ran the app again whilst typing this so that I could get the version number and the CRC error has come up again, even though I haven't even used the app!

I could use the current beta but the expiry stuff gets a bit annoying.

What's going on with this CRC error?

Cheers
Gary

P.S. Oh, and I should also mention that cut/copy/paste keeps producing errors like the following:
Error: executing Preset|Copy: (ExceptionInInitializerError)
Error: executing Preset|Cut:
Could not initialize class com.bome.mt.swing.actions.E

Error: executing Preset|Paste:
Could not initialize class com.bome.mt.swing.actions.E

florian

2012-01-24 22:54:20

Hi,

sorry for this problem!
MT does this extra check to prevent hard drive failures or viruses to modify MT.
So it seems something has corrupted your installed MT.

We have heard of a particular Antivirus program to modify applications causing this CRC error. We believe that no software should modify other software and contacted the Antivirus manufacturer about this. But no reply so far.

A couple of ideas:
Disable antivirus or other "system checkers" or so.
Have you removed the app from the Applications folder before reinstalling it?
Have you tried to run the app directly from the installer dmg?
What is your OSX version?
Does the beta version work without a CRC failure?

Thank you very much for the cooperation. If you can't get it to work, please contact us directly and it'll be our first priority to get you MT working again.

Regards,
Florian

Maddcow

2012-01-25 00:58:44

Hi Florian, thanks for getting back to me. I'm running OSX 10.7.2 and don't run any antivirus software. I just overwrote the existing installation and so I'll see how it goes with removing/reinstallation. I'm running the app directly from the installer dmg as I type this and there are no errors so far, so perhaps I simply need a clean install. However, even with no CRC error the cut/copy/paste errors are still present so I assume this might be a separate issue?? I've also just tested the v1.7.2. beta and the cut/copy/paste errors are present in this version too...at least for me. But still no errors (a few mins later now after replying to txt messages and emails) after running the clean install and so perhaps the clean install did the trick.

Can you also confirm if BMT needs to run from the Applications root folder, or if it's ok to run it from a subfolder within Applications? I've always previously run it from a subfolder containing all of my MIDI tools and it's been ok, but just want to check.

Really appreciate your help, Florian! Are you guys at NAMM at the moment?

florian

2012-01-26 03:59:24

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, crossing fingers!

Indeed, the copy/paste error is known and will be fixed for the upcoming 1.7.2 release. Sorry for that.
Running MT from a subfolder (or anywhere, even from USB stick) is fine. We actually try to make that as smooth as possible.

And yes, we've been at the frenzy of NAMM again :) Now heading back.
Florian