AKAI APC40 with Korg DW8000

DanielMoyerArtisan

2012-01-01 07:43:43

Hello, I'm interested in purchasing the MIDI translator for use with my Korg DW8000. I'm wanting to change some setting in real-time on the fly. Currently using the Beta to try and get my APC to send Sysex to my Korg DW8000. I can get it to do something, but I really can't tell what.

My resource for info on the Korg settings is http://www.pallium.com/bryan/dw8000.php, I'm just trying to get a dial on the APC40 to control the res or cutoff on the DW8000. I think I'm doing something wrong in the rules section, because it changes a setting on the screen of the keyboard, but the sound doesn't change. I'm totally not a programming-oriented person, but if someone could help me out with this I'd be very thankful. I think the issue might have something to do with the fact that the APC is producing a 1-128 (0 to 127) value, and the korg is dealing with a 1-64 (0 to 63, actually ) value. I tried having the pp variable in the translator just divide in half, but I think it might be spitting out a decimal at the end? I have no idea what's going on.

florian

2012-05-19 14:14:35

Hi, sorry that nobody has replied -- seems like a particular problem. I don't know what might be the cause.
Regards,
Florian