Modul8 Akai Apc40

pele2010

2011-12-31 00:18:59

Hi ,

how can i see that modul8 reacts to miditranslator ?

I cannot see any feedback ?

thanxs

pele

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-05 16:04:24

Hi Pele

If you are running the APC40 into Bome, you will not get any LED feedback unless you program it into MT using translators. Does that make sense?

Jared

pele2010

2012-01-12 09:38:26

Hi Jared,

that makes sense!

What is the right outgoing action for a interface change?

Wenn i move a slider in modul8 and i assume this is an outgoing action from
the software and it´s no midi note. No Key stroke . Which Signal is a Software
change ?

I played around with the apc 40 and you are right .

My problem is that i don´t get to the point to programm any line into MT
so that the apc reacts.

thanxs

Peter

DvlsAdvct

2012-01-12 14:32:19

Pele

Bome MIDI Translator works based on taking MIDI messages in and sending them out through individual translators. First we have to start with which version of the MIDI translator you have. Did you purchase the Pro version or are you using the Classic version?

In either case, MIDI Translator works based on taking messages in and sending them out through Translators housed within Presets. When you open the program, underneath the menu buttons (File, Edit, etc.) there are a series of icons. There should be two Plus buttons. Press the one on the right and a new Translator should load in with the name New Translator. Name this Translator 1. Double click on it and you should be on the 2nd tab labeled Incoming Message. Press the Listen check box and press a button on the APC40. It should automatically populate with the MIDI message listed in Hexadecimal and end in pp. Press the Outgoing Action tab and press the same button on the APC40 again and you will get the same message. Now if you open up your software and press that button it should get a signal from the APC40.

That's the most basic method of using Bome. There's a lot of power under the hood, but unfortunately not a ton of documentation on how to use it. I'd recommend really reading the help menu, as it is helpful. I also wrote a basic intro article to keystrokes at Skratchworx: http://www.skratchworx.com/newspage.php ... fn_id=1817 . Let me know if this helps.

Jared