Get volume of currently selected track in ableton?

eavonius

2011-12-19 01:37:08

I'm using Bome (trial for now) with Selected Track Control here (http://stc.wiffbi.com/midi-implementation-chart/) and creating a preset to allow the keyboard commands to work on Windows.

One problem I'm having is with mapping keys to volume. I can send the MIDI messages in the topic above to increase/decrease the volume, but it doesn't increase/decrease relative to what the track's volume is, it sets it to a volume that's a fraction of what you specify. My issue is to use incrementing/decrementing variables in Bome to set the levels, I need to initialize those global variables with the currently selected track's volume.

Does anyone know a way to get the volume of the selected track in Ableton and pass it to my Bome script for storage in a variable?

Thanks in advance.

florian

2012-01-26 04:02:02

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We hoped that someone might know an answer. As far as I know, it's difficult to get such feedback from Ableton Live. Maybe you should inquire with them? That might prompt them to implement that, if not yet available!

Regards,
Florian

eavonius

2012-02-09 20:17:32

Thanks Florian, I figured it out. I was passing the wrong hex codes, it does work.

julynessi

2012-02-10 01:05:02

My tips may help you...!

If you want more information from ableton via midi data....just select some control suface and make you bome port as that unit

julynessi

2012-02-10 01:12:59

Or the native way you must use MaxforLive-Live Api in side ableton .. then just convert to midi