PS3 Sixaxis and Combo buttons

nom4d

2011-12-10 00:41:48

I don't know if this is already possible ( if so forgive me ) but I'm wanting to use a PS3 Sixaxis Dual Shock 3 Wireless Controller for Traktor Pro.

First question, does Bomes support it? ( Or any other software if not )

2nd Question... I plan to use a lot of Modifiers but these get messy in Traktor, so a more simple solution would be button combos... Eg L1+R1 = cc01

florian

2011-12-12 11:19:22

Hi,

joystick input is currently not available in MT, sorry.
If you can convert the joystick data to MIDI somehow, then the second question (combine modifiers, etc.) will be possible in MT.

Regards,
Florian

Shuffl

2012-02-09 10:59:09

hi, i am acctually trying to do the oppersite of this request, i have a novation launchpad that is chucking out midi messages and i wish to convert them to keyboard input with the lowest input lag possible so i can use said launchpad for fighting games like street fighter 4, i have got bome's to convert the midid messages to keyboard inputs but i cant get street fighter to pick it up, my keyboard works but the mapping of the same key to the launchpad does not. i have got a preset saved which works in another fighting game perfectly (well almost) if this preset would be any help to finding out why it works in one game and not another i am more than happy to send it over :)

florian

2012-02-12 11:21:27

Hi Shuffl,

not all games pick up MT's emulated keystrokes. There is one thing you can try: send Key Down, and Key Up separately (at best mapped to MIDI press and release). Or use a delayed action (with the 1.7.2 beta) to send the Key Up a bit later than the Key Down. try it with one key first...

The full story is here:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1221

Regards,
Florian

Shuffl

2012-02-12 21:15:44

Hi Florian,
thanks for the speedy reply, i have bome's set up sending key up and key down events seprately, i do not understand what you mean by mapped to midi press and release? i am currently using version 1.71 trial i will try the 1.72 beta.

thanks again

Shuffl

florian

2012-02-13 23:14:59

I guess then you're doing the right thing. Just make sure somehow that there is a delay between key down and key up.
Regards,
Florian

Igrokpap

2015-02-10 13:42:24

Hi,

A skinnable version of buttonMax is planned in 2-3 months which will then support unlimited buttons - is mostly a UI problem.