MTP won't show after minmize

glennyg

2011-11-06 11:12:14

Someone had the same problem about a year ago but haven't seen a proper solution or bug fix so here it is again. I have MTP set to start minimized but with the tray icon showing and active. Can't get it to un-minimize. Can only access those functions that are in the tray icon menu (routing etc). Have re-installed (which is a pain) and that solved the problem for a short time but is back now.
XP Professional SP3
Maple virtual ports

Any advice much appreciated.
g

florian

2011-11-06 21:12:46

the problem is, I haven't seen this behavior and I can't reproduce it! I've configured MT to start up minimized in the tray and I've never had a problem. This is on Windows 7, though. But I have never seen this on XP either.

You can fix this by opening the registry editor (from start menu, "Run commans", then type "regedit"), navigate to this key:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bome Software\Bome's Midi Translator Pro\MidiTranslator\Current
and then either edit the StartMinimized key to say "0" or delete the entire "Current" reg folder. Unless you delete anything else, this is a safe operation.

Maybe you should deselect "minimize to tray" in the settings?

Thanks,
Florian

glennyg

2011-11-07 03:11:28

Thanks Florian. At least now I can get it to stop minimizing without having to reinstall.

florian

2011-11-07 11:32:32

Oh I forgot, if this ever happens again (maybe try it once more), can you send me the values of all the registry settings that start with "Main"? i.e. "MainHeight", "MainLeft". Maybe something got corrupted there which causes the "no show".

Thanks,
Florian