Port Splitter with "Channel Filter"

Tewilo

2011-11-05 13:56:05

Hallo Florian, hallo guys,

I would like to use a "MCU-mode-enabled" Controller as "MCU Control Surface" and as a "Standard MIDI Controller" simultaneously. At first I just tried to find unused channels within the MCU protocol. It looked like every channel from 10 up to 16 is not taken. But if I just use one of these channels my DAW (Reaper) crashes because the MCU plugin don't like to be disturbed by MIDI data, which is not coming from the MCU protocol.

So I thought I need to program some kind of port splitter with integrated channel filtering.

I've started a new MT Pro project and with the help of the MIDI router and 2 virtual ports I managed to successfully split the controller port. Now I have a port which is reserved for the MCU data and one for notes, poly aftertouch, ...

But as I'm a MT-noob I can't get the channel filtering working.

I created on preset with 2 translators:

Code: Select all

Preset 0: Swallow Channel 16
 Default MIDI IN ports:  Maschine Controller In
 Default MIDI OUT ports:  Bome's Midi Translator 1 Virtual Out

Translator 0.0: Swallow All Notes
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI 9F pp qq 
Outgoing: (none)

Translator 0.1: Swallow Poly Aftertouch/Pressure
Incoming: MIDI AF pp qq 
Outgoing: (none)
I can't find a working solution to swallow all midi data just on one channel and JUST on one output port. If I try it with the code mentioned above I get the data filtered out on both ports.

What's the problem?

Thank you

florian

2011-11-05 15:04:25

If you mark a translator to "swallow", then it disables routing for that MIDI message. Now you can manually output the same MIDI message on any port(s) you want:

Code: Select all

Preset 0: Swallow Channel 16
Default MIDI IN ports:  Maschine Controller In
Default MIDI OUT ports:  Bome's Midi Translator 1 Virtual Out

Translator 0.0: Swallow All Notes Channel 16
Incoming: MIDI 9F pp qq
  [x]swallow
Outgoing: MIDI 9F pp qq
So the "Incoming" part will swallow this message and prevents it from being routed via the routes (to Virtual Out 1 and 2). The Outgoing message will only send the same MIDI message to the port(s) configured in the Preset default MIDI OUT ports, i.e. in this case only "Virtual 1".

Does that make sense?
Florian

Tewilo

2011-11-06 13:25:50

Absolutely, thank you, Florian