I need help apc 40 led control

Dawo

2011-10-28 10:03:54

Hello,

I am a new member of this forum and new to programming and/or mapping my controller via external software. The reason I started to look for solutions like MT is that I want to use my beloved APC 40 with Propellerheads Reason. Unfortunately Reason does not identify multichannel note commands, so I can not use the cliplaunch section the right way. the note F on channel 1 will be the same like F on channel 2 and so on. to clarify:
APC40map.jpg
APC40map.jpg (125.95 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
I started to make a MT preset where all the buttons are sending a different note command on channel 1. I even managed to change the behavior of all the non momentary knobs to momentary via timer (nothing special I konw, but it took me a while to figure it out :roll: ).
so everything is going right and configuring the sliders and potis will be no problem (hopefully).
Since Reason has no midi out I wanted to implement some optical feedback via MT for seeing which button is activated. Let`s say i would like to use each row (from top to bottom) for triggering clips in Reason (for those who are interested the device is called Dr. Octorex) and I like to see which clip is currently selected with a blinking green color. The midi message for the APC 40 has to be "90 35 02" for the first button in the left upper corner and "90 36 02" for the button under it and so on.

my idea was that when a button is pressed it defines a global variable - "ga" for the first row, "gb" for the next etc. the first buttons in each row sets it to "0" the next to "1" etc. according to the value the APC 40 recieves a midimessage wich makes the corresponding button react. can this be done in an easy way? i did not figure it out since variables can not be a trigger. the only way I see is to do it all by hand and programm MT in this way:

if you recieve message "on" from button 1 in row 1 than send to APC "on" for button 1 in row 1,
if you recieve message "on" from button 1 in row 1 than send to APC "off" for button 2 in row 1,
if you recieve message "on" from button 1 in row 1 than send to APC "off" for button 3 in row 1,
if you recieve message "on" from button 1 in row 1 than send to APC "off" for button 4 in row 1,
if you recieve message "on" from button 1 in row 1 than send to APC "off" for button 5 in row 1

that would be ok, but it will need 25 lines for each row, 200 for the whole clip launch section.

I hope that I expressed understandable.
Thanks in advance!

Dawo

2011-11-01 22:10:59

hello to all,

i did it over the weekend the hard way :roll: .

the superb communications protocol by akai helped a lot. now i have got another question. hopefully someone can help me.

i like to send a sysex message to my apc for setting it up in live mode 1. this will be very helpful because in this mode every button becomes momentary.
i know the format of so called type 0 outbound messages but i do not know how to figure out some values of special byte numbers.

how can i get:

1.) the system exclusive device id of my apc40
2.) the pc application software version major
3.) the pc application software version minor (has anyone an idea what this and the one above could be?)
4.) the pc application software bug-fix level

every little hint is appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Dawo

2012-10-29 15:37:50

Hello,

I dont See the Point why this matters. Ok, you are right. It's "then"... ;)

But because i am no mother tongue i can live with that.

By the Way: Strange to See this Old Thread being revived After such a Long Time of silence...

I Figured it Out for Myself. Let me know if someone is interested int the sys-ex-commands for Setting the apc in the 3 different modes.

florian

2012-11-06 10:38:45

Hi Dawo,

sorry we never got back to you. The post you were replying to was some kind of SPAM and we've just deleted it.

But glad to hear you could resolve it. If you like, post your .bmtp file here in the forum?

Thanks,
Florian