Variables in to Keystroke Emulation

makerprofaze

2011-10-02 02:38:15

In short, I'm wondering if there is any way to use variables in Keystroke emulation? I want to set up a visual display for Program Change externally, and I'm wondering how I might be able to simplify the following approach:

1 incoming: C0 ga
1 rules: if ga!=0 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
1 outgoing: Keystroke Emulation:0

2 incoming: C0 ga
2 rules: if ga!=1 then exit rules, skip outgoing action
2 outgoing: Keystroke Emulation:1

-and so on, for 0-127. Obviously ga is the global variable with the numeric program change value, which I'd like to translate into keystrokes.
I'm using this decimal/numeric keypad translator and was hoping there might be similar method but for outgoing keystroke...

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... ypad#p6802

makerprofaze

2011-10-07 06:41:47

Fagedabowdid.

My method involved a lot of typing but it works fine.
I then had to copy the entire PRG preset to build both MSB and LSB, but it's all working.
I guess sometimes the long way is simplest though tedious.
Ultimately this may be more achievable in line with having multi output types, like a single translator that can send a keystroke and a MIDI message. In that syntaxt we may have variables applied to do different outgoing actions. - Till then, well just have type out multi singles - and it works fine enough.

florian

2011-10-22 17:06:39

Hi,

yes we know that some tasks are clumsy in MT. We're working multi-out per translator, and on using variables in keystroke out.

Thanks,
Florian