APC40 to Ableton midi note translation error/bug

Nonspacial

2011-09-30 02:14:07

I'm not sure if this genuinely makes any sense but i have discovered that when translating the clip launch matrix to another octave ableton recognises the message as an octave below for some octaves.

so when i translate say ch 1 note F3 (clip launch button top left) to what Bomes understands to be ch 1 note C1 ableton hears ch1 note C0, in hex in order to get note C1 i have had to output 98 24 7F to get ch 9 note C1 of the Drum Rack. I have had to go as far as channel 9 for this as for some reason when you get to Note C3 of any channel it translates correctly and will activate the apc function assigned in this case C3 on channels 1-8 are the record arm buttons. and not what i want to trigger channels 9-16 are free from standard apc mapping but i figure this should be reported.

also and i cannot be sure if this is my apc or bomes (i had figured my apc until this small bug appeared) when i send Sys Ex data back to my APC to change it's state the actual figures of 40 and 41 in hex are reversed so 40 should be Mode 1 and 41 mode 2 (ableton handshake) it is the opposite...

florian

2011-10-22 17:33:55

it is very unlikely that MT changes some messages correctly and some, it doesn't.
Very useful here is the log window: use it to verify your rules and what is actually sent to Ableton Live.

Otherwise, please copy/paste your relevant translator(s) into this forum so that I can have a look at it. (yes, just copy it in MT, it will paste fine into the forums, especially when used with the CODE formatting)

Thanks,
Florian