Playing Nice with Logic Studio and Ableton Re-wire

Anonymous

2011-09-20 05:14:36

so, i wand to expand my setup to use logic in the studio for mixing and tracking and stuff, and i think it would be cool if i could run it simultaneously with Ableton running as a re-wire slave. now naturally i want to control booth DAW's with the same controller in this case an apc40 and an mpk 49. Running as a re-wire slave disables ableton's midi sync and output but i can still get input from bomes and/or my controllers. with logic there seems to be some confliction between the input from bomes and the controller, and in logic it does not seem like i can tell it to just ignore the direct line from the controller, if i could figure out how to do that it might solve my problem.
with bomes not running the midi learn functions work fine for booth logic and its slave ableton, but i want to use bomes' preset change function to switch fader control form one DAW to the other as well as to make the pads light up because in re-wire mode the apc40 does not do any of its's native "red Box" controls which is a big pain!!!!! it seems that if only that one function would work this would all be bearable. if anyone has any advice on running bomes, or any of my controllers with logic as a standalone or in conjunction with ableton your advice is greatly appreciated

florian

2011-10-22 17:26:41

Hi, are you sure that your MIDI ports are correctly "wired" in MT? in particular, you can/should start off by connecting the applications withe device using the MIDI router.

Other than that, if you can narrow down the problem to a single thing to work out, I'll much better be able to help.

Thanks,
Florian