Flip Flop Flip Flip Switch Help

makerprofaze

2011-09-11 06:35:58

I'm working with buttons on a Launchpad switching audio tracks in Live, assigned to the EQ device on each track for selecting track/making the EQ active. I would like to select track/view EQ with first button press, but toggle to clip view if the same button is pressed again. How to do this? To illustrate (badly):
____Flip____Flip____Flip____Flop____Flip____Flop____Flip
_____1_____2______3______3______3______3______ 4_

OR

____Flip____Flip____Flip____Flip
_____1_____2______3_____ 4_
_________________Flop__
__________________3___
_________________Flip__
__________________3___
_________________Flop__
__________________3___

One caveat here is that if it's the first push (flip), it needs to be a MIDI CC, but if it's the second push (flop), it needs to be a keystroke. Any help is greatly appreciated.

makerprofaze

2011-09-14 10:17:52

OK, so this one was extremely simple. I must have just been frustrated. There are far too many aspects to describe it all here, but basically, this is what worked:

2 discreet translators to switch, and one global variable as ID catalyst.

-Translator 1 (sets global/ID)
incoming:
90 ga vv

-Translator 2 (switches track/lights LED/turns off other LEDs)
incoming:
90 73 vv
rules:
if ga==73 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action (if ID is a match don't execute)
-Outgoing:
98 73 vv

-Translator 3 (toggle view - I'm using a macro so Tab toggles clip/chain view instead of Shift+Tab)
incoming:
98 73 vv
rules:
if ga!=73 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action (if ID is a match execute)
-Outgoing:
keystroke Tab

The Tab key toggles in Live itself, so I just needed to send that repeatedly as long as the button isn't the first press, which sends the data to switch the track.
I'll often rack my brains trying to accomplish stuff very truncated, but it's much easier for me to do multiple translators and figure tricks to use less once I can see them working - then evaluate.

florian

2011-09-14 21:10:59

thanks for sharing with us! I'm sure this will come in handy to someone else.
Florian