Intermittent input detection?

ForestCat

2011-08-21 00:55:13

Hi,
with either MIDI note on data or QWERTY data selected as an input, only about one out of five input events triggers an output event.
In the MT monitor, I can see that MT is not seeing the input for the missed notes. However, if I simultaneously run a MIDI application on the same pc, it detects every note.

Thanks for any help. This will ultimately be used for live performance, it needs to be rock-stable and detect 100% of any input. Is it reliable enough for this?

Dell Latitude D620, Core2Duo, 2gb RAM, Win XP Pro SP3
Akai MPK Mini usb keyboard

florian

2011-09-14 21:37:59

Hi,

our top priority is 100% reliability and robustness: Midi Translator is designed to be used for live situations and to run for hours or days with high performance.

I've actually never experienced MT to not see input events. I suspect that something else is going on. Have you checked the task manager when MT is running?

What do you mean with "simultaneously run a MIDI application" -- an application that just plays MIDI or that is receiving/sending MIDI from/to Midi Translator?

Thanks for any other insight. We will do everything we can to fix this, if it's actually due to MT.

Regards,
Florian