Using the same buttons to trigger different keystrokes

jmellis777

2011-08-16 17:08:56

I'm using TouchOSC on my iPad as a controller going into Bome's MT pro. I do a lot of spontaneous progressions with my band and would like to use my setup to communicate what chords I'm playing by typing into an open Word document. Instead of making a button for each possible chord I would like to have a button for the 12 chromatic notes and then 7 number buttons 1-7. Hitting one of the note buttons would trigger what keystrokes the number buttons type. For instance, hitting the G note button would trigger the "G routine" causing the 1 button to type "G", the 4 button to type "C", the 6 button to type "Em", etc. Then if I hit the A note button it would trigger the "A routine" where the same 1 button would then type "A", 4 = "D", 6="F#m", etc. Is this possible, and if so how would I do it?

Thanks,
Micah

Attigo

2011-08-16 22:10:22

Hi Micah,

This is very possible with MT.

You need to set up Translators, one for each Note. Each of the Translators inputs should be the Note message you want it to be triggered by. The output message should be set to be a 'Keystroke' and you just need to type in to the text box which text you want it to type.

Remember though, the MT Keystroke feature will only type into the focused window, so make sure Word is in the foreground to use this...

Hope this helps and you can get this working!

thanks,
Scott