MIDI CC doesnt responds right to keystroke

SecretSociety

2011-07-01 01:47:17

Hello Everyone

First of all i really like the concept of this program and I think for me as an electronic musician this could really make my workflow more fun. Thanks!
However I'm encountering some problems setting everything up right.

I'm using LoopBe1 to communicate between BOME and FL Studio 10.
I'm setting up all the keystrokes to my MPD32 button/knobs

and I've set everything up like this in BOME:

the problem is that I have to click my MPD32 controller 35 twice instead of one touch to react to the F9 keystroke.
another example: when I have my keystroke to NUM SUB, which is in my program "pattern select" when i hit the controller 29 on the MPD32 it will jump from pattern 2 to 4 instead from pattern 2 to 3 or the controller button needs to be pushed twice to select the next pattern.

I dont have any experience with this in-depth midi usage and I dont know what to do, I think the solution lies in the "rulers section" of the program?
Also I'm dutch so excuse me for my language.

SecretSociety

2011-07-02 00:39:52

I dont want to be a nagger but could some one please help me out on this one?
I need to know the anwser because of a show I have to do soon.. Maybe my question is not understandable? I apologize just in case

Thanks in advance !

Nik

2011-07-02 03:59:22

You need to have a read on page 23 of the MPD32 pdf manual. It explains the difference between "momentary" and "toggle" modes.

http://www.akaipro.com/stuff/contentmgr ... _v1_02.pdf

It seams you have the Akai buttons set to "toggle" mode. This means they alternate between a value of 127 and 0 on each successive press. If you set the Akai buttons to "momentary" mode instead, then it should do what you want.
You should also be aware that If you set the translators to 127, then they will trigger when you press the button down. Or if set to 0, then they will trigger when you release the button. I notice you have CC 29 set to 0......this means it will trigger when you release the button. Whereas you have CC 35 set to 127........this would trigger on the down press.