Flooded with Midi Clock Messages (F8) / MT Crashing

lemoon

2011-06-17 00:36:37

Hi Florian,

I am using the current Mac Version of your software together with devices that send midi clock messages.

Unfortunately MT is flooded with these Messages (F8) . Within 1 second there are thousends of messages and the software was also crashing one time!

I have found some threads in the forum from 2008 where you stated that the filtering of Midi clock Messages as an option in MT has been taken out of the software. You state also that you will put this functionality back in.

As I have not found any switch in the sofware I would like to ask how I can solve that obious problem.

As I need the midi clock of the other software as it is the midi clock that synchronizes all my gear I am not able to shut it off in the software.

Hope you can help me.

Best Regards

Joe

Attigo

2011-07-03 23:59:24

Hi Joe,

Can you maybe set MT to not receive MIDI on that particular port?

Scott

florian

2011-07-04 12:54:33

We've tested MT with heavy MIDI load and could not get it to crash, so I wonder what's happening here.

Additionally, normally the F8 messages are not sent 1000s per second (that alone would take most of the MIDI 1.0 bandwidth), so i suspect a MIDI feedback (which, on a computer, has much higher bandwidth).

For performance reasons, MT does not have a feedback detection (yet). Please verify your MIDI settings, as Scott suggested, and make sure that you're not creating a MIDI feedback loop.

Also, you can try the 1.6.3 beta and check with timestamps in the log window how many messages are actually sent per second.
http://www.bome.com/products/miditransl ... s/beta-osx

Thanks,
Florian