LPD8 Bank Selects and Program Changing

sideffect8

2011-06-16 00:59:12

Hello,

I am using an aka lpd8 as a serato controller.
The LPD8 has built in functionality to change the midi notes on it's 8-pad interface, as well as functionality for program changes through the the pads.

However, both note-switching and program changing affects all 8 pads at once. I'd like to change the notes of only 4-pads at a time. And, i'd like to use 2 of the knobs to scroll through note banks, (so 1 knob to change the presets of the first row of pads, the 2nd knob to change the presets of the second row of pads).

My questions:
Can you toggle the program change for only a select group of pads, (instead of changing the program globally)?
Or, if i wanted to change the midi notes for only a select group of pads, is there a way to group the notes, reference them as presets or banks, and then toggle those banks on / off?

make sense?

Any help is much appreciated.

florian

2011-07-10 12:26:27

Hi sideeffect8,

you cannot re-control the firmware of the LPD8, but you can use Midi Translator to receive the messages from the LPD8, and send different messages to Serato. Like that, for example, you can change the messages for 4 pads, and route through the messages for the other 4 pads. You can also change the CC number of one or multiple knobs so that they send the "scroll" message to Serato (if Serator supports such a message at all).

So in short: yes, you can probably achieve what you want, but it's not as simple as sending a configure message to the LPD8.

Thanks,
Florian