dynamic mouse postioning

waldo

2011-05-12 10:16:41

Hello, I just started messing around with MT. Florian, it's a great piece of software!

I have a feature request which I am very surprised no one has mentioned (I did search; apologies if I am in error here.)

Mouse output: absolute positioning: if this field could take variable input, that would be fantastic. (Just like timer fields take variables.) Again since key and mouse output is sort of the core functionality of MT, I am surprised no one else has been hindered by this!

Less important: mouse output on os X version, a more robust Rules environment (although I must say it's a fun challenge to try to emulate a nested if statement, or an even/odd test without mod function!). But I think those have both been mentioned, and I imagine they are more difficult programming tasks than my first request.

best regards and thanks,

waldo

p.s. My particular reason for this request, if it is interesting at all, is that I am trying to control faders on chamsys MagicQ with, say, a korg nanokontrol. With variables in the mouse positioning, I could write just 2 presets instead of 20, and also if I changed monitors or monitor resolution, it would be a simple issue of re-mapping 2 global variables for mouse x-y.

florian

2011-05-17 12:49:11

Hi Waldo,

indeed, that has been asked already. All of it isn't particularly difficult to implement, but it makes the .bmtp project files incompatible with older versions. But it will come!

Regards,
Florian