Korg padKontrol Midi Assignemts

transco

2011-04-29 16:10:46

I recently purchased MT Pro and plan to use a Korg padKontrol as the main input device. What should I do as far as assigning Midi values to the buttons, X-Y pad and rotary encoders. Is there a single standard Scene Set I should use to setup the PK, or is it app specific, or completely arbitrary? My initial project is to use the PK and MT Pro to control Ableton Live. Anyone using a PK for Live? If so I'd like to know how you've done it. Anyone tried to program MT Pro to emulate the functions provided by the 'nativeKontrol' DAW app for Live?

Attigo

2011-04-29 22:50:34

I personally have never used a padKontrol, but unless they provide a mapping for Ableton Live, you can just map any message to any control in Live, it's completely arbitrary unless you want to emulate another controllers functionality...

Scott

makerprofaze

2011-08-04 03:17:32

I'm wondering how far you got? I've set up a bit of Live control from my pK, but really not in the same leauge as the nativekontrol stuff. I'm still probably going to buy some of them at some point, but I'd be happy to share my work.

stew

2011-09-15 13:09:40

Are you on mac or pc?

You can do really cool stuff on a mac with an app called farmpad that allows you to set up a template for all the buttons/rotaries on the padKontrol. I've started doing some stuff with it and MT and the combination is pretty cool. I have separate notes set up in different scenes on the padKontrol and can toggle between them easily. The MT takes those messages and sends them to Ableton Live or my Digitech guitar pedal. Lots of fun.

But as was said above you can just map any of the controls on the padKontrol directly in Live ... or get MT to capture the value and then create more complex translators (eg. send mutiple messages to Live from a single pad or send a message to Live and another message to a separate midi device). The possibilities are virtually endless :D