Launchpad LED Feedback

mjc1970

2011-04-24 21:50:26

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with an idiots guide to getting led feedback to work with Bome's and the Novation Launchpad?

I know that you're supposed to just be able to send the same midi note as the button to get the led to light, but I can't seem to get it working. I'm having no problems mapping keyboard shortcuts and other functions in Ableton using Bome's, I just can't wrap my head around the led stuff.

Any help at all that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Attigo

2011-04-27 00:01:42

Have you definitely got the right output ports/aliases set up in MT? Are you getting anything showing on the unit at all?

Scott

mjc1970

2011-04-27 00:19:50

Scott,

Thanks for your reply, but I got it all sorted out. I appreciate your input though.

Much thanks,

Michael

lqud

2011-05-06 21:13:45

mjc1970 wrote:Scott,

... but I got it all sorted out ...
sorry for my bad english ... does this mean you got it - or not?

If not - maybe take a closer look to your ableton midi config -> activate your your midi input and your midi output
for example:

1st way: Launchpad sends Note "C0" -> Receive MT Port1 (translate to C#0) -> Sends on Midi MT Port2 -> Ableton (Rx C#0 on BomeMT2)
way back: Ableton sends Note C#0 (to Bome MT2) -> (translate C#0 to C0) and send to MT Port1 to Launchbox

also, take a look to the value of the Note or the CC you'll send to launchpad, - if the value is 00 - maybe turns the light off if it' 7F it's on.

Hope I'm right ...

Best Tim

Shuffl

2012-02-09 11:12:24

i know this is a bit cheap but i run bome's for the to convert the midi messages and then run the auto map that comes with launchpad just to do the lights :P