Problem setting up.

szamir

2011-04-13 20:16:51

Hi there,

I am having some problems with Bome MT. Let me explain.
And I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere in this forum already, I just didn't find it.

Here is my setup:
Akai Apc40 + Bome MT + Ableton(mainly)/Cubase/FL

And here is my problem.
I can see that the MIDI signal reaches Bome MT (MIDI In flashes) and then leaves (MIDI Out flashes). But it doesn't reach Ableton. I have tried everything and I'm out of ideas.
First of all I have chosen the Midi Input in BMT as "USB Midi Device", which stands for APC40 and the same Midi Out. Then I created a new preset and just to check things out I put the first APC's pad to use as a "New Translator'. Checked the "MIDI Thru" option. In Ableton (ver. 8) in Midi options I selected first the control surface then "USB Midi Device" for both Input and Output. In "MIDI Ports" I enabled the device clicking Track and Remote ON, again both In and Out. The same as usual without BMT. I do run BMT first and Ableton second.

I've seen nativeKONTROL clips on youtube. Those guys have it figured well. I want to create a customised preset for me so I can control some of the VST's while playing live and BMT looks like a good solution to that.
So if any of you guys know what is my problem here I'd appreciate a tiny post ;)

Cheers,
Jack

szamir

2011-04-15 11:06:50

Ok the problem is now solved. ;)