Switching between 5 Tracks in Ableton

klausgesing

2011-03-15 01:16:44

Hello,

Not being accustomed to programming, I nevertheless use the MT to control many things in Ableton Live (doing Live Looping) Since I changed to a footpedal that sends only Note ON commands I need to change my setup, and would love to use the Rules. I just can't seem to be able to figure out the Rules necessary to get to the following point:

I use 5 Tracks in Ableton Live 8
I start with Arming Track 1. (to do so I use a combination of keystrokes, because it is actually 1 Audio+1 Midi Track assigned to this AudioTrack that get armed simultaneously)
When I now want to switch to Track 3 (next combination of keystrokes), MT needs to recall that Track 1 was armed, disarm it and Arm Track 3
Then, when I switch to Track 5, it needs to remember that Track 3 was armed, disarm it and arm Track 5.
And so on...
It must be impossible to have 2 tracks armed at the same time, by accident.

The Track-arming will get triggered by 5 different Note ON Commands.

I looked at some of the examples discussed in the forum, but the concept is a little alien to me, so
I would be very grateful indeed for any help on this.

best regards

Klaus

Attigo

2011-03-24 23:22:40

Hi klausgesing,

This is simple enough to do, at least one way...

When you press your keys/buttons to arm the track you want, you just need to simultaneously disarm the other tracks.

Or do you want to use the same keys/buttons each time? Therefore stepping through the 3 steps? This too is simple, with the use of global variables.

Let me know what you need and I can show you...

thanks,
Scott

klausgesing

2011-04-02 21:11:35

Hi Scott,

thanks a lot: sometimes one little hint is enough.
I used your idea of simultaneously disarming all other tracks.
Works perfectly..!!

best

Klaus

Attigo

2011-04-02 22:53:17

Good stuff! Glad this works for you...

Scott