how to trigger 2 translators ?

Sasch600xt

2011-03-14 03:10:28

Hey all out there :)

I just got the MT Software. Since 2 days i work with the trial on my PC. i got 98% of my wishlist done....EPIC PIECE OF SOFTWARE!!!!....and for sure the last 2% are the fault of the operator in front of my pc :)

I am sorry to not use the "search" funktion this time, but i am even not sure which keywords i could use.....

i have one rotary plus the possibility to press the rotary to send a second midi message.

What i try to do is, if the rotary is not pressed down, translation #1 is working and active, translation #2 is disabled. (case 1)
If the rotary button is pressed down translation #2 is working and active, translation #1 is disabled. (case 2)

i use MT to control the light software "ma lighting, OnPc"

one encoder in this software works for UP and DOWN, but also LEFT and RIGHT
What i try to do is to save an rotary by using the switch of the rotary.......released switch means UP and DOWN, pressed switch means LEFT and RIGHT.

incomming midi message of the controller is not the same as outgoing (outgoing is a keyshortcut)

I guess this will be done by "rules"
I would be so happy if somebody could give me an easy example.....dont forget.....i just use MT since 2 days ^^
And hopefully it is possible with MT......but as far i could see....it will be :)

So long and thank you for your answeres :)
Sascha

Attigo

2011-03-24 23:16:42

Hi Sascha,

I'm not sure what you mean by "incoming midi message of the controller is not the same as outgoing".

Do you mean the message sent by the controller is not the same as the one you want to output to the software?

I'm sure after I realize your problem we can get this working for you!

Scott

Sasch600xt

2011-03-25 00:02:08

yes.....your right......

i get a midi message and i use a converterentry to convert it in another midimessage for output.......works great.

now i set two of this translatorentrys like :

Midinote 1 INPUT "Translator" Midi CC 15 OUTPUT

Midinote 1 INPUT "Translator" Midi CC 16 OUTPUT

These are the two translators i made.......now the first one should be default......but when i get a MIDI Note 25 for example, translator 1 should be disabled, and translator 2 should be activ.

I have one hardwareencoder......this i want to use for 2 different things....this is why i am looking for a way to switch between 2 different translators

Thank you for help :)
Sascha

Attigo

2011-03-27 15:32:06

Ok, I understand what you want, but how do you want to activate the second message? Do you want the encoder to send a different message when you hold down another button on your controller? Or when you press the encoder down?

Scott