Editing a BCR2000

DvlsAdvct

2011-01-30 17:39:28

Hi guys

I'm using a BCR2000 that I borrowed from a friend with Ableton Live and I want to try to make it do all the crazy things I want it to do (they actually aren't that crazy).

So I have my top row of push encoders and buttons. Two columns will be dedicated to each track in Ableton. So the first two push knobs and 2x2 of buttons will be for Deck A. When I push the first knob down I want it to select deck A. Got that set. And I want it to light up to 100%. Got that.

When I turn the knob I don't want the LED to change. I want it to set permanently at 100%. Also, I need it to remember where I leave it, so when I press knob 3 down, and it select deck B, I don't jump to the very end of my scenes and have to scroll back up. I THINK I can do this with global variables, I just need a push in the right direction. but for the LEDs I have no idea. Maybe with relative values?

Hopefully someone here can give me an idea. For now I'll just keep programming and my midi feedback won't be perfect.

Thanks
Jared

Attigo

2011-02-02 18:02:04

What do you mean by Deck A and B? You mean tracks or are you mapping this into a DJ App?

Also, do you have a data sheet or have you found out all the messages you need to control the LEDs? Also, is there a way to put the BCR into a 'flat' MIDI mode?

Scott

DvlsAdvct

2011-02-02 18:14:29

I mean audio tracks in Ableton. Assume I have two tracks listed and I want the controller to respond based on which I have selected, but not lose the functionality of the knobs themselves. I have no issue creating this mapping almost entirely in Bome, not relying on the out signals from Ableton. I've gotten pretty good at making them talk to each other with presets and variables. Make sense?

The problem is that the LED around the knob is tied to the value of the knob. I don't know if there is a way to separate them with Bome, or if I need to get something to edit the BCR itself, which I'd like to avoid if I can.

Attigo

2011-02-02 18:34:06

Well that is what I mean by a 'flat' MIDI mode. If the LED rings are controlled internally on the unit, by the firmware, then there is nothing we can do without finding some sort of MIDI input overide mode...

Do you know if this exists?

Scott

DvlsAdvct

2011-02-02 18:40:53

I think it requires the BCManager, but I have no idea how to use that. I figure I'll dig around some more.