programming knobs

oeschen

2011-01-14 10:38:23

hey guys,

I am very new into the "rule" topic of MT. would be great if somebody could help me out.
I want to programm my knobs on my keyboard to do this:

1.) if I turn right, MT hits alt+ severel times...like to zoom in / turn left -> alt-

I have already found a solution for this containing 3 rules that looks like this:

midi signal: B0 10 pp
rule1: ga=pp-gl
gl=pp

rule2: if ga>0 then exit rules, execute Outgoing Action exit rules, skip Outgoing Action ->alt+
rule3: if ga<0 then exit rules, execute Outgoing Action exit rules, skip Outgoing Action ->alt-

2!!!) I want the knob to hit numbers from 1-100. so the range is split into %. in the left it starts with "1" and ends right with "100"
is this possible? and if I want the numbers to be only like 10,20,30...90,100? Is there any solution for this?

hope that somebody knows my problem and has a suggestion for this :).
thank you guys and all the best!

oeschen

oeschen

2011-01-21 12:31:46

does no one have an idea :( ?

Attigo

2011-01-23 20:22:07

Hi Oeschen,

I recently answered a post about somebody wanting to this but with brush size in photoshop.

You want to divide a knob into 100 steps and send 'alt+' and 'alt-'. In the example it shows how to divide into 50 and send ']' and '['.

Check it out...
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... shop#p7926

If you have problems figuring it out, give me a shout!

cheers,
Scott

oeschen

2011-01-27 15:39:24

hey scott,
thank you for your mail, but unfortunately this was not what I was exactly looking for.
my problem is that I want to program a knob to send numbers (by keystrokes)...like "11", "78", "'42"...but just the range from 0 to 100.
so...the left position of the knob is 0 and the right one is 100. by turning the knob I get the numbers in between.
is something like this possible?
look forward to hear from you!
thanks,
oeschen

Attigo

2011-02-02 17:59:21

Hi Oeschen,

This is possible, but in an inefficient way. You have to create a Translator with the output for each keystroke. You will need an input for the knob which does the maths to downsample the range to 100 and then set a global variable. The output of this will need to send a timer, which will then trigger all of these 100 translators you have set up, but each has rules that ask if the variable is what this translator needs and then output the correct keystroke if yes.

Do you understand?

Scott

oeschen

2011-02-12 14:32:39

hey scott,
honestly...I don't get it :(
I am pretty new with all this stuff about midi and translators/rules and do not understand how to handle it with the timer and the rules.
can you give it one more try with me ;)?
or does anybody have another idea?
thanks,
oeschen