Yamaha 01X / Live Emulation

chris_dan

2006-09-13 01:57:48

I'm attempting to use the 01x and mouse to control all the parameters that I use in Live. Needless to say, vendor supplied controller emulations for the 01x are far and few between if you know what I mean.

I'm using Bome's Midi Translator to do the mapping. Midi-ox is another good midi tool but Bome's has the smoother interface as far as midi mapping is concerned. I just got into the live 6 beta circle and I do recall reading that Live 6 has a midi mapping function...once I get through the veritable plethora of new features in L6 I look at that as well. If your interested I've posted a few of the files that I have been working on to accomplish the above task. You'll find 2 files that pertain to Midi Translator...one is the actual .bmtp file and the other is just a graphic of what the MT interface looks like. You can open the .bmtp file with notepad but you'll need MT to make things happen. I've still got a number of additions that I want to add but it will give you an idea of what can be done.

I've also included a couple of pictures of a keyboard that I found at my local computer clearing house. The product is made by a company called Blaze and it's less that $20 CDN. It's both "cute" and functional. My audio workbench (Amiga rules!) contains both my laptop, desktop and 01x. The standard keyboard for my desktop was dead weight as far as Live is concerned. I wouldn't want to type a 50 page document with it though.

Oh yeah...the link to the above files is http://home.golden.net/~chris.

Hope it helps.....

Regards,
Chris

florian

2006-09-14 04:05:50

Great stuff! Let us know here of any improvements.
Florian

Gluon

2006-10-22 13:18:48

Hello,
I have an 01x and Live 6 and would like to get access to those files.. maybe help out with some more mapping... but that URL does not seem to contain anything anymore...

Anywhere else to get those files ?

Cheerz

-G-

florian

2006-10-23 09:25:46

Hi Gluon,

the presets are included with Midi Translator 1.5 (and later). Check the "Presets" folder, you'll find a file "Yamaha 01x with Live5.bmtp".

Regards,
Florian

PS: though currently only Midi Translator Pro is available in the 1.5 version, you should be able to use this mapping with the classic Midi Translator 1.4.