Ableton Live 8 & Key Stroke Emulation

jedwards01

2010-12-28 21:35:27

I'm having problems with Ableton reading key stroke emulation.

I have a Hecrules DJ Controller. So in Bome's, I have the Hercules input routed to the Bome's virtual output.
I programmed a midi cc to a key stroke. Everything works fine with any program but Ableton.

In the midi preference in Ableton, I have the Hercules DJ off, but the Bome's Virtual MIDI on. It reads all my ccs from
playing off of the Hercules but it doesn't recognize the ccs I programmed to key strokes. So in essence I can change
the midi functions of my controller but I cannot get it to read key strokes.

Any help would be appreciated

jedwards01

2010-12-29 01:21:14

I see somebody had a similar problem, but no answers. Only want to use one computer

http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2740

jedwards01

2010-12-29 05:38:57

So I tried the same setup with my laptop on Windows XP, and I got it to work in Ableton.
I'm guessing there's something wrong in Ableton's focus window in Windows 7 and that's
why it can't read key strokes. My main set up is my desktop off of Windows 7, so I don't
really know what to do. I've tried everything.

It would be really nice to control Ableton off of midi to eliminate mouse work, but I really don't
want to downgrade my desktop to XP. I would have to install all of my programs again and
I don't even want to think about that. But I guess it's one or the other unless someone has any solutions
to get this to work in 7. Much help needed please

Attigo

2011-01-04 17:42:17

I can think of 2 possible reasons why this could not be working...

1. The program you are trying to control with the emulated keystrokes must be in the forefront (the main/focused program).

2. You are maybe just running 'MIDI through' and the MIDI messages are not triggering any keystroke at all.

I hope this helps and you haven't re-installed and downgraded your system, I really don't think there is a need for that!

Scott