Traktor: Hotcue state

LaTristesse

2010-12-04 10:15:26

I recently purchased a copy of bomes midi translator in order to improve the functions of my novation launchpad. I'm using it as a interface for controlling the loops of Traktor. Here's the deal: I want to change the colors of the same button according to the hotcue state. For example: if I store a simple "cue" it should light up red and if I store a "loop" it should light up "green". Sadly Traktor doesnt know how to handle to MIDI-OUT messages which are targeting the same note.

After hours of pondering I found a solotion which breaks up the outgoing MIDI-Message "hotcue1 state" in two seperate Midi-Messages and reroute it to Traktor. From there the messages will be picked up from two "Modifier #1" In-Messages. One will change the "modifier#1" value to "1" (when the cue is stored) and the other one will change the "modifier#1" value to "0" (when the cue is deleted). Then there is another "Modifier#1" Out-Message which finally lights up the button according to the value (min = 12 / max = 15). This is only working up if the "hotcue state" is a "cue", so I repeated the steps if the "hotcue state" is a "loop".

Here's my problem: If I continue to map the messages like this there will be not enought Modifiers to reflect 8 hotcue states (not even 4 hotcue state), since every hotcue is consuming two Modifiers. Traktor only allow 8 Modifiers which are all global. As soon as I would store hotcue states on another deck, they would overwrite the old Modifier values.

Is there a solution which works with variables from Bomes or is there a logical error in my solution?

Here are the files:

Traktor's TSI: http://db.tt/Q5oa3Y6
Bome's bmtp: http://db.tt/I089AqF

Here are the "midi range" values for the led options in traktor:

12 = off
13 = red low
14 = red mid
15 = red high
28 = green low
44 = green mid
60 = green high
29 = amber low
46 = amber mid
63 = amber high

And the "controller range" values:

-1 = no mapping
0 = Cue
1 = Fade In
2 = Fade Out
3 = Load
4 = Grid
5 = Loop

I really appreciate help.

Attigo

2010-12-04 20:36:20

If you send all the outputs from Traktor to Bomes that you already have set up, then you can set Global Variables from this and send the correct colour value out to the controller from there...

Would you know how to do this?

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-12-05 00:31:05

Please enlight me :-)

Attigo

2010-12-05 17:34:19

Ok, so you should have a Preset that receives from an Application, in this case Traktor, and in that Preset, have a set of Translators, one for each incoming message from Traktor. In those Translators you should set a Global Variable that holds the state of feature, for example if Traktor sends a ON or OFF state for a Hotcue being stored as 90 00 7F and off as 90 00 00, then your rules should look like this...

Incoming:
90 00 oo
Rules:
if oo=127 then ga=1
if oo=0 then ga=0

You can also use instant timers to trigger another Translator in another Preset from here...

Hope this makes sense to you!

Scott