Trying to make shortcut panel FW-1884 work with Live8

NearEarthObject

2010-12-02 14:26:05

Maybe I've overlooked someting very simple, but I can't find the info I'm looking for anywhere. Maybe someone can help?

The problem is this; in my home studio I have a Tascam FW-1884 desk. The motorised faders and transport controls work great with Ableton Live (in Mackie control mode). However, the device also has a shortcut panel for functions like copy, paste, delete, etc.

A friend told me to try MT for this, so I downloaded a trial version. If I get everything to work I'm more than willing to uy a full version, but I can't get things to work the way I want right now.

I have managed to translate the shortcut functions to keystroke emulations within Live.
However, even though I'm using the Midi Thru-setting, all the other parts of the FW-1884 do not work anymore. Faders don't respond and there's no transport control. If I move faders on the screen, the FW-1884 does respond to that.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I overlooked something? I'm out of options at the moment, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Attigo

2010-12-04 20:31:29

Which order are you opening things? Maybe there is a SYSEX handshake message that is not being sent through MT?

Scott

NearEarthObject

2010-12-05 15:11:45

@ Scott; could be, but there's nothing about that in the manual. Wether I open MT or Live first doesn't seem to make a difference in my case.