Apple key stroke issues

TimeSquid

2010-10-27 22:04:03

Hi!.

I am desperately trying to map a button to Keystroke - Command+Tab
for switching between applications in OSX

The keystroke commands work jsut fine, but I cannot get them to work for OS specific commands.

Is there any kind of workaround for this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Other options might be an to output to an excecute file, but In OSX with Bomes you cant select an .app as a excecutable file, its considered a folder and looks within it.

Attigo

2010-10-27 22:16:23

The Keystroke emulator only sends the specified Keystrokes to the focused application... How does it act if you have Finder in focus?

Anyway, what are you trying to do? Command+Tab switches applications already? What am I not understanding? Please excuse me...

Scott

TimeSquid

2010-10-27 22:49:23

ok, I just figured part of it out... there is a setting in the preferences that when selected supresses keystrokes when BMT is open. That solved the OSX command issue,

I now can get Command-tab to work through midi to switch applications.

But... Is there a way for 1 midi command to trigger Command(tab) and then while still holding command press tab once more...

I am switching BMT templates with a midi command, then when I send a note off after having it switch I need it to change apps twice.

So can one midi command send :

Command down
Tab
Tab
Command up

Maybe with a timer?

TimeSquid

2010-10-27 22:55:46

or perhaps If I could get OSX to apply a specific keycommand to a specific application to be brought to the front

Attigo

2010-10-27 22:58:39

Oh I get you now... OK.

You could try just quadrupling your Translator with that different Keystroke each time? Just make sure they are in order. If this doesn't work, try playing with timers...

Scott

TimeSquid

2010-10-28 00:49:30

So here is the conclusion

Learned Timer's... they rule.

Always make sure to uncheck the "ignore keystokes..." thing in prefrances when using OSX commands.

I did 3 timers, 1 for command down, 1 for command up and one that ran twice and hit tab. in the middle.

Works like a charm

Curls_On_Keys

2014-05-08 10:14:02

Hey TimeSquid,

I know it's been a while since you posted this topic, but in case you'd read this, could you please elaborate on how you did this?
I'm trying to do the exact same thing and I can't seem to get it working. Don't know much about programming and played around a bit with timers and events, but I can't get my head wrapped around it.

I now started two timers with 1 MIDI button, 1 timer, "infinetly" triggering "command down" and one timer 2 times triggering "tab down"... When I press my MIDI button, BMT just seems to go crazy :)

You somehow remember how you did this?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
Senne