commonly-used actions menu + efficiency improvements

flexlovejoy

2010-10-09 02:42:32

How about if each user could create a menu of outgoing actions that they use often?

Example: I use MT with Ableton Live, and sometimes I have long strings of Key commands that I send via MT. If I want to send that command multiple times, wouldn't it be nice if I can create an outgoing action, specify the key commands, then name the action. Then, later, if I want to use that action again, instead of going into outgoing actions and typing in a long string again, I can just select that outgoing action from a sidebar or something.

A few other things that might make work more efficient...

Sometimes selecting a translator or preset via mouse is wonky. I will have selected a translator and then choose to "Duplicate" and it will duplicate the preset instead. Renaming is also clunky like this.

AND how about an Undo button?

AND AND how about a preset choice that activates the next preset and de-activates the current preset (without de-activating ALL presets). As it stands, the only way to do this is to activate the next preset by name, then have the next preset (upon activation) deactivate the old preset by name. Seems like it should be pretty simple programming.

While I'm here... how about an outgoing action that can open a new project within Bome's MT itself. Right now, I can click my footswitch to open a new song in Ableton. BUT, I still have to go to the mouse to open the corresponding MT project. I'm trying to avoid touching the mouse whatsoever during these live performances.

AND WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET THOSE MOUSE EMULATION OUTGOING COMMANDS? please...