Can I duplicate my APC40 signal this way?

de Haan

2010-08-15 18:56:43

Hi there

I would like to know if anybody knows if I can make this kind of MIDI duplication with Bome's Midi Translator:

My MIDI controller is an Akai APC40. I want to use it for launching audio and video clips in Ableton Live.

So I want to use the pads on the APC40 for launching audio clips in session view AND for launching video clips (locators) in arrangement view.

So when I push one pad on the APC, I want it to launch an audio clip in session view AND to launch a locator at the corresponding video clip in arrangement view.

I am doing this now with MidiPipe. I use the program to duplicate the midi signal from the APC40, so it works with it's native function AND sends midi notes that I can map to the locators.

However, the problem with this setup is that when i push one of the Bank Select buttons to move the red box in Live, the buttons I have mapped to launch locators in arrangement view, does note move on the APC40. So "session view clips" and "locator launchers" does launch from the same pads when I use the Bank Select buttons.

I hope that made sense :)

Best regards Nikolaj

Attigo

2010-08-17 06:12:14

Hi de Haan,

I understand what you are doing, but could you go into a little more detail with your problem and how you want to achieve this?

thanks,
Scott

S4racen

2010-08-17 12:43:41

Told you Attigo was the man!!

Cheers
D

de Haan

2010-08-18 17:15:26

Attigo wrote:Hi de Haan,

I understand what you are doing, but could you go into a little more detail with your problem and how you want to achieve this?

thanks,
Scott
Hi

If you have time to read my thread on the Ableton forum I think that would be the easiest: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144913

Cheers