Troubleshooting 'Kid Beyond' Style Rig -- Help Please!

biruchan

2010-08-08 17:56:36

Hi, I'm a new user of Bome's Midi Translator Pro. As with many members of this forum, I'm trying to achieve customized control of Ableton Live (I'm running Live 8.1.4 on OS X 10.6.4/ MacBook Pro). I attempted to modify the <Abelton Live MGO Rig 1.00.bmtp> template included in Bome MT 1.7 beta for use with a Novation ReMOTE SL. Thanks to the B MT template and the tutorial provided on the Bome website for setting up Live, I thought this would be a pretty straightforward process. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Bome MT Pro to function properly.

Using the ReMOTE SL's Ableton Live Automap preset 40, my intention is to assign the eight pads (left side of ReMOTE SL below rotary knobs) to control all looping functions as per the Ableton Live MGO template. Incidentally, I have the latest version of Automap Pro and up to date firmware installed in the Novation.

I've confirmed that Bome receives midi from the ReMOTE SL and that Live receives midi as well. However, none of the looping functions work.

I noticed that the Event Monitor in MT Pro displays midi in activity when pads or keys are struck on the Novation -- key strikes result in only midi in activity; pad strikes result in midi in and router out activity. The control of the ReMOTE SL's other buttons, knobs and faders on Live is unaffected and consistent with the normal function of the Ableton Live Automap template.

I apologize in advance to the developers at Bome and experienced users of this very cool utility software for problems that may be due to either simple oversight or lack of basic knowledge on my part. But, after a day and half of working with MT Pro and Live, and achieving little success, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that any of you might provide.

Please check the attached screen shots for any mistakes/omissions with my configuration of Bome MT Pro and Live.

Best,

Bill
Attachments
Live Key Mappings Prep
Live Key Mappings Prep
Live Key Mappings - 2010-08-06 at 6.07.04 PM.png (175.93 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Live Midi Prefs
Live Midi Prefs
Live Midi Preferences - 2010-08-06 at 6.05.24 PM.png (195.09 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Bome MT Pro Template
Bome MT Pro Template
Abelton Live MGO Rig 1.00.bmtp - 2010-08-06 at 6.04.05 PM.png (310.32 KiB) Viewed 1919 times