How do we change between 2 midi interfaces w 2 virtual ports

yvon

2010-08-03 00:08:20

NOTE: the preset below works.

have a controller keyboard.
have two physical midi interfaces on PC.
have set MTpro to have 2 virtual midi ports available.

The keyboard midi out is physically split so that it's out goes to BOTH the midi inputs on both the physical midi interfaces.

I've read this: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... itch#p6250

Currently using the preset posted below.

Attigo

2010-08-03 21:21:44

Hi yvon,

You can set up different Presets to have different default output ports. For example you can have Preset 2 send out to your 1st MIDI device and Preset 3 to send out to your 2nd MIDI device.

You can use the first Preset as a 'Preset Switcher'. Within this Preset you can have your inputs (that you want to change which the outputs of your controller go) toggle between the 2nd and 3rd Presets. The 2nd and 3rd Presets can have the exact same content, but just send to different ports...

Do you know how to activate/deactivate Presets with Translators?

Scott

yvon

2010-08-04 03:09:15

NEW NOTE: Works fine with preset below.

NOTE: I can now send whatever transformed data I like to either interface using the patch attached.

woohoo!

Attigo

2010-08-04 04:11:32

Hi Yvon,

I have attached a sample preset I created for you..

In the Preset there is 4 'Presets'. The first one lets you chose which Interface you are sending to, with 2 separate (Note) buttons. Button 1 selects preset 1 (output to interface 1) and button 2 selects preset 2 (output to interface 2).

Preset 2 and 3 are the same, but only one will be active at any one time. Both receive the same MIDI data from the keyboard, but both have different default MIDI output ports.

Preset 4 also receives from the keyboard but sends the output to both interfaces. This is where you add in the translators to allow through the messages you want to send to both.

If you right-click on a Preset and look at the properties you will see I have set the defaults to either interface 1, 2 or both, all have an input from the keyboard...

I hope this makes sense and helps you out!

Scott
YVON EXAMPLE PRESET.bmtp
(3 KiB) Downloaded 186 times

yvon

2010-08-04 21:11:23

UPDATE COMMENT: works fine as I hadn't set each app to the right interface. THANKS!

SO grateful for this. And would like to deeply thank the developers and support team and the gurus here :-) for creating a product that is the only one of it's kind (in powers).

We can remove many things (both hardware AND software) and use MTpro (very reliably!) with our apps and controller(s)/keyboard(s). I am certain many of us plan to gain a fuller understanding and examples are so very much appreciated.