Can I run more than 1 instance of MT at a time?

gabriels

2010-07-22 22:36:33

If I use Bome's Virtual Ports for connectivity, Is it possible to run more than one instance of MT Pro simultaneously? I can launch more than one instance, but get the message "Another instance already uses MTKeyIn.dll. Overriding it.".
I'm just beginning to try this, and I see that, using MidiYoke, I can get both instances of MT to accept input
(the Midi indicators in both MT instances light up) However, if I try to use the Bomes virtual ports, I can't seem to get any Midi input.
I've read the manual and can't seem to comprehend just how to use the virtual ports. Can someone tell me how I would set up the midi ports...virtual and/or otherwise to allow two instances of MT to co-exist, and to accept midi input?
Thanks,
Gabriel

Attigo

2010-07-24 18:04:50

Hi gabriels,

Running 2 instances is possible with the latest version of MT Pro. If you have all different ports in your second instance you should just ignore the warning message...

Scott

gabriels

2010-07-25 08:58:02

Thanks, attigo... Still bemused... Sure enough, I can get two instances to work when using Midiox, but if I try with Bomes, only the instance that was launched last seems to accept midi input.
Gabriel