DaRouter 4 Decks = 4 Units Preset

LaTristesse

2010-06-14 16:11:42

Hello,

I recently purchased two extra units of the Stanton SCS.3D in Order to have control over 4 decks without being forced to use the deck switch everytime. I'm pretty much satisfied with original "Traktor Dual (Browser)" preset and just want to get the darouter application to communicate with the additional two units because there is no way to select them.
I allready read some of the tutorial for BMT and checked the general preset but I still have no clue how I could make darouter to function with 4 units. Basically I only have to copy the functions and route them to the other two units too.

Since nem0nic state that he could not help me without being in duty to help everyone with problems like that, you are my last hope.

http://forums.stantondj.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=565

I would appreciate help about this. If someone could explan what I'll have to do or modify the preset (http://forums.stantondj.com/download/file.php?id=226) for me I would be really glad.

Best regards, Tristan

Attigo

2010-06-15 22:15:54

Hi Tristan,

I actually write the Presets for Stanton, and I can tell you that there is something in the works for this kind of functionality. You can wait or I can help you get started doing it in MTPro?

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-15 23:21:20

Hi Scott, thank you for your response. I'm glad to get in contact with the original creator of the preset. You've done a pretty good job. I'm really thrilled to hear that there is something similar in development but because I do knew that technical progress could be quite erratic (Is there a realease date?) and I already purchased the extra units, I would appreciate your help.

So where I do have to start?

Attigo

2010-06-15 23:24:01

I'm not sure of a release date yet, but it should be soon...

Do you have the unencrypted preset and MT Pro?

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-16 00:03:10

I do have a trial of the mac version which is able to save changes, so I would be glad to use the DaRouter for running the preset. But if there is no other way, I'll have to purchase a license. Please be honest.

Attigo

2010-06-16 00:27:45

Well if the Trial works for now, then stick with it, but you will not be able to run your (edited) preset in DaRouter, you will need to run it in MT, and the Trial has a timed limit of 20 minutes.. Useless for a live set!!

You will be able to edit the preset etc. but I'd recommend the Pro version later on...

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-16 00:40:20

Again thanks for your response. I would like to try it with the trial and see if it works out for me and maybe I'm so thrilled that I cant wait anymore. It's not like I don't want to buy it but I originally thought that DaRouter was able to manage 4 units which it isn't.

So again, where do I start. I knew that there are the "Project Properties", which are responsible for the different devices and ports.

Attigo

2010-06-16 01:11:32

Sure!!

Ok, well in the Default MIDI Ports you should set up your 3rd and 4th Decks with 'Aliases' - should be to and from SCS.3d (3) and to and from SCS.3d (4). Are the two extra units showing up as different devices?

Then you should edit the Presets (left hand column) for (virtual) Decks C & D, you want to right click and edit properties then select ' default ports' that those presets are receiving and sending on - C should be your 3rd DaScratch and D should be your 4th DaScratch - but don't change/add to the 'To Application' Ports!!

You will also see that the Preset loads on Deck A for the first unit and Deck B for the second unit, each having the option to switch to their other Deck (C and D). You need to figure out how the Preset loads and make sure that the Presets for Decks C and D are loaded at the same time too...

That's a quick explanation.. Do you understand this much? If you do, give that a go and give me a shout if you get stuck!

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-16 20:22:17

Attigo wrote:
Ok, well in the Default MIDI Ports you should set up your 3rd and 4th Decks with 'Aliases' - should be to and from SCS.3d (3) and to and from SCS.3d (4). Are the two extra units showing up as different devices?
Yes, they are showing up as SCS.3d (Stanton) (3) and SCS.3d (Stanton) (4). On the screenshot you could see the aliases I created, should I open them with double clicking?

Attigo wrote: Then you should edit the Presets (left hand column) for (virtual) Decks C & D, you want to right click and edit properties then select ' default ports' that those presets are receiving and sending on - C should be your 3rd DaScratch and D should be your 4th DaScratch - but don't change/add to the 'To Application' Ports!!
I don't get that. Do you mean I've to create two new presets in the left hand column and name one "virtual deck c", the other one "virutal deck d" and then assign them to "Specific Ports..." in the right column (like in the screenshot)?
Attigo wrote: You will also see that the Preset loads on Deck A for the first unit and Deck B for the second unit, each having the option to switch to their other Deck (C and D). You need to figure out how the Preset loads and make sure that the Presets for Decks C and D are loaded at the same time too...
None of my units, neither the first nor the second units are responding to my touch.

Attigo

2010-06-16 20:55:58

You have not fully set up your Aliases yet, you have the Devices enabled but not the Aliases. You should have everything set up like this in your Default Project Properties...

[x] From SCS.3d 1 -> From SCS.3d (Stanton) (1)
[x] To SCS.3d 1 -> To SCS.3d (Stanton) (1)
[x] From SCS.3d 2 -> From SCS.3d (Stanton) (2)
[x] To SCS.3d 2 -> To SCS.3d (Stanton) (2)
[x] From SCS.3d 3 -> From SCS.3d (Stanton) (3)
[x] To SCS.3d 3 -> To SCS.3d (Stanton) (3)
[x] From SCS.3d 4 -> From SCS.3d (Stanton) (4)
[x] To SCS.3d 4 -> To SCS.3d (Stanton) (4)
[x] From SCS.3m -> From SCS.3m (Stanton)
[x] To SCS.3m -> To SCS.3m (Stanton)
[x] From Application -> From Bome's Midi Translator 1
[x] To Application -> To Bome's Midi Translator 1

And also the devices checked..

[x] SCS.3d (Stanton) (1)
[x] SCS.3d (Stanton) (2)
[x] SCS.3d (Stanton) (3)
[x] SCS.3d (Stanton) (4)
[x] SCS.3m (Stanton)
[x] Bome's Midi Translator 1

HAVE ALL OF THESE CHECKED - Otherwise nothing will happen. To edit these, just select a device/alias then press the 'edit' button. In Traktor, your MIDI ports should be from Bome's Midi Translator 1 and to Bome's Midi Translator 1. You do not need DaRouter open, MT is your 'Router'.

As for Decks C and D, no, you will not need to add any new Presets. All Presets begining with 'C: ...' are for Deck C and the Presets beginning with 'D: ...' are the Deck D Presets. You need to change the aliases/ports of these individual presets (right click > Properties > Default MIDI Ports) to the correct units. For C you want it to be from SCS.3d 1 to SCS.3d 3 and for D you want to change it from SCS.3d 2 to SCS.3d 4.

Hope this helps...

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-16 23:41:53

Thank you for your patience Scott. Here's another Screenshot:

Now the first and the second unit as well as the scs-3m are working like in DaRouter.

I changed the the aliases/ports of all individual presets named "C:" (instead of "From SCS.3d 1" to "From SCS.3d 3") but now they are some kind of mixed up. For Instance when I scratch on any of the units the led feedback is on all units.

Here's the preset:

http://cl.ly/1OG8

Maybe you could have a look into it.

Attigo

2010-06-17 02:07:58

That is good to hear that things are starting to work...

You need to send TO the correct unit aswell. The green box you have highlighted is the wrong one, you should send on the To SCS.3d 3 Port, for all Deck C Presets and To SCS.3d 4 Port for all Deck D Presets.

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-17 10:01:44

Just did that for all presets named "C:" and "D:" but what is with presets called "AC:" or "BD:"?

When I start up bomes the frist and second unit as well as the scs.3m are booting (flashing lights) not so for unit three and four.
Pressing the deck button on the first unit makes it become non touchable and the third one touchable but this is pretty useless because I would have only two units at the same time touchable. Feedback is still on all units even on the scs3.3m but not when I switched to deck c or d. I'm pretty sure that now is everything configured as you described.

Preset:
http://cl.ly/1OG8

Have to switch to windows because the macosx beta has been expired.

LaTristesse

2010-06-22 00:54:19

I become desperate. This friday I want to play a set with the four units. I will have to purchase the software.

Attigo

2010-06-22 02:40:04

You will need to edit the 'Unit Boot' Presets at the top to make all 4 units (and all 4 sets of Presets A:, B:, C: & D:).

The Presets named AC: and BD: are the shared FX sections, because they are the same Presets on each virtual deck, which obviously only one virtual deck can be selected at a time (on one unit). This was done for optimization. You will probably need to split these up into individual Presets, AC: will become A: and a C: and the same for BD:.

Good work, you'll have a lot of fun with MT!

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-06-22 23:36:31

Attigo wrote:You will need to edit the 'Unit Boot' Presets at the top to make all 4 units (and all 4 sets of Presets A:, B:, C: & D:).
I don't understand what the 'Unit Boot' Preset is doing, do I've to copy "A: Unit Boot" and change the ports to the 3rd and 4th scs.3d unit?
Attigo wrote:The Presets named AC: and BD: are the shared FX sections, because they are the same Presets on each virtual deck, which obviously only one virtual deck can be selected at a time (on one unit). This was done for optimization. You will probably need to split these up into individual Presets, AC: will become A: and a C: and the same for BD:.

So I will also have to copy the presets and change the ports to the according units?

Attigo

2010-06-23 00:14:53

The 'Unit Boot' Presets are what run the light show and initiate all the correct Presets when the units are first touched (on load). You will need to create Unit Boot Presets for each deck (add C and D) and make those be the first Presets to start... Then they should initiate the Deck C and Deck D Preset 'Switchers' etc.

Yes, you'll need to split the joined Presets into different sets of Presets for the corresponding decks - then each of the individual deck Presets will need to be assigned to each unit, yes.

Scott

LaTristesse

2010-08-26 01:40:56

Hi Scott,

I'm still fighting with the preset. I've managed to get SCS.3d (3) and SCS.3d (4) working but I'm still only able to control two units at the same time. It's like the preset would be transfered from SCS.3d (1) to SCS.3d (3) if I press the "DECK" Button. I think the solution lays in "G: SCS3d 1 Deck Switcher" but I've no clue whats the triggers really do.

As for the Unit Boot. I simply duplicated "Unit Boot" with the outgoing trigger "Activated by Name: C: Unit Boot" in "G: Project Load 1 Physical Deck" and duplicated "Timer - Activate Unit Boot" with the outgoing trigger "Activated by Name: C: Unit Boot" in "G: Project Load 2 Physical Decks". Now all lights from all units are flashing but some kind of strange.

Here is the layout http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1186286/SCS3%20 ... units.bmtp. I'm really desperate and full of hope that you are still reading this thread.

Regards Tristan

LaTristesse

2010-09-01 03:00:43

I'm lost forever :(

Attigo

2010-09-11 04:53:17

What's up man? What are you struggling with?

LaTristesse

2010-09-11 10:50:20

hi scott, I'm glad you still reading the thread. I allready wrote about the problem:
I've managed to get SCS.3d (3) and SCS.3d (4) working but I'm still only able to control two units at the same time. It's like the preset would be transfered from SCS.3d (1) to SCS.3d (3) if I press the "DECK" Button. I think the solution lays in "G: SCS3d 1 Deck Switcher" but I've no clue whats the triggers really do.

As for the Unit Boot. I simply duplicated "Unit Boot" with the outgoing trigger "Activated by Name: C: Unit Boot" in "G: Project Load 1 Physical Deck" and duplicated "Timer - Activate Unit Boot" with the outgoing trigger "Activated by Name: C: Unit Boot" in "G: Project Load 2 Physical Decks". Now all lights from all units are flashing but some kind of strange.

Here is the layout http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1186286/SCS3%20 ... units.bmtp. I'm really desperate and full of hope that you are still reading this thread.
Maybe we could exchange skype or email because there are plenty of questions when I'm fiddeling with the preset.