Xone 3d for traktor map help needed

jockety

2010-05-19 14:56:17

Hi guys, first poster here. I'm trying to map 1 of the back light buttons on the Xone 3d mixer as a modifier to change all of the other buttons into new midi controllers. The button sends a midi note on when pressed and a note off when released. However, the light will turn on then off with each press indicating that the light has nothing to do with midi atall. What i'd like to do is activate the midi note "on" each time the light is activated so i have a visual representation of when the new "layerset" of midi controls are active. Am i peeing against the wind or does anyone know if this is possible? any help greatly appreciated.

jockety

2010-05-19 17:59:31

Not to worry, i've worked it out myself, if anyone needs to know the solution for this please reply.

Attigo

2010-06-11 19:14:43

Hi jockety,

It would be good to know how you got this working! Are you controlling the LEDs from the MIDI output in Traktor?

Scott

jockety

2010-07-28 18:43:24

Basically i set one of the back lit buttons to send only the "on" note with bomes, then the "off" note thats sent when button is released is triggering a preset change in bomes.
The next preset then translates the same "note on" into a different note, then the next "note off" triggers preset change back to preset 1, and the cycle starts again.
So this button is now a toggle between presets. You could have as many translators in each preset as you like, essentially doubling up the amount of buttons on the xone or whatever your using.
Although traktor makes it easier to do this than most other software: I then mapped these 2 different notes to change the "modifier status" in traktor (under controller managment) so with each press it changes the modifier state up 1 then back down 1 etc etc. Then when you add a new traktor parameter to control and if you want it to be controlled by a button thats already being used then set the modifier state to the state your modifier button is switching to.
If none of this makes any sense then i'm happy to share my bomes file+traktor tsi file. let me know if u want it. sorry for slow reply.