Live 8, MT Pro, Akai LPD8 port routing help please

jaynyc

2010-05-09 00:58:47

Hi. Trying to program 3 pads on my Akai LPD8 to send keystrokes using MT Pro, but everything else on the LPD8 I'd like to be directly mappable inside Live 8.

Am struggling with ports and routing.

I thought I should have MT Pro send output to a Virtual Port called Bomes Midi Translator 1 and then inside Live prefs set ON/ON/ON for Track/Sync/Remote for Bomes Midi Translator 1. The Bomes tray icon lights up when I turn a knob on the LPD8, but Live doesn't "flash" the little yellow MIDI indicator nor can I map anything to any LPD8 knob or pad. The 3 pads I have translators for in MT Pro of course work fine and send their keystrokes.

Suggestions and help please.

--jay

Attigo

2010-05-10 01:21:33

Hi jaynyc,

That all sounds about right, I'm not sure why this isn't working.

Which version are you using and on what OS?

Are you sending MIDI through MT or are you just making those select pads translate to Keystrokes?

Are you sure you are sending MIDI output from your Translator to the Bome Virtual Port? You can edit where the output is sent in the 'Outgoing' section of your Translator.

You could always try installing new ports? This option is under MIDI>MIDI Ports...>MIDI>Virtual Ports. Try adding 2 Ports and see if the second works.

Maybe this helps a little?

Scott