Having trouble...

Tacman7

2010-04-09 15:38:34

I use the Generic Remote in cubase SX3 (XPpro32bit).

I have a footswitch that won't work with the GR. It sends program changes so it does work, in a way. All the buttons are seen as the same to the GR.

So I wanted to translate the patch change to a midi note. So I'm trying the trial so see if it can do what I need. I can think of a lot of other uses but this is the main thing I want to find out first, if it can do this.

I set the program up but I get nothing out of the virtual midi port in cubase. I use a midex usb interface and if I set the translator to a 'real' midi port where my k2500r is I see the note message on its midi monitor.

So the translator is working.

So then I took a cable and plugged it from 5out to 4in on the midex. It tests ok if I create two midi tracks set the input of one to my keyboard the output to port 5 then on the other track I set the input to port 4 and the output to k2500r where I can see the midi real time. I play a key it shows up on the k2500r.

But if I set the output of the translator to port 5, I get nothing just like using the virtual port.

I also have 2 virtual ports for karma triton software for the triton rack which I tried but get nothing there.

I don't know I tried so many different ways without success it got to where it didn't matter what I had the project or preset ports set for when I clicked the capture button for an input it wouldn't capture my keyboard but it would capture my footswitch even if its port is not selected. Strange.

Can you think of what I should try next?

Thanks

Tacman7

2010-04-10 02:22:13

OK,

Got the GR working in cubase. Needed to delete everything and start fresh.

Having problem now with using two applications at once.

I did this with a hardware midi device (alesis sr-16) and don't have any problems. (except it's not a foot controller)

So I have the footswitch changing the tools I use in cubase ... working.
Then I switch over to melodyne via rewire and I set up tool control over there just like I did in cubase but it's not working.

Like I said the same setup works with the sr-16 but not the MT. May be that's a limitation of the virtual port?

I guess I'll try using a different preset, I don't see why though but might work.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Tacman7

2010-04-11 16:10:01

So it works in melodyne if I run it as stand alone but not as a rewire like hardware can do.