Help me Florian-Wan, You're my only hope! (Re:Soft Takeover)

Johnny Vulcan

2010-04-07 14:49:52

Bomes MT masters, with your help I've come very far.
The thread on soft takeover has worked wonders. There is just one last aspect I'm trying to incorporate, that I have banged my head against for months. If you can show me how, I will give praise to the Gods of Bome for all time.

Post is here: http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 6970#p6988

Thank you, thank you!! (And pretty please)

Johnny Vulcan

2010-04-28 08:00:32

Bump?

Attigo

2010-05-09 23:37:25

Hi Johnny!!

Sorry I have been so absent, been VERY busy.

Could you send me your preset to have a look at? I've not really followed that thread so I'm kinda lost but I think I know what to do, I just need to see everything so I know where to implement it...

cheers,
Scott

Johnny Vulcan

2010-05-11 04:59:40

Hey Scott, you are a rockstar. The example file is attached to this post.

What you will see is a stripped down preset containing only the relevant translators, with the rules up to this point.
If the general structure needs an overhaul, that's ok. What you see involves two buttons and one fader.
The A#4 button switches the single fader between controlling two different channel volumes. The soft takeover scheme works great just switching between the two. The second button (E5) is supposed to make it so that the fader can be moved freely without sending any info to the channel volume outputs. Regardless of where the fader ends up when exiting this "silent" layer, I want the soft takeover scheme to be back in effect, with the new fader position taken into account.

Furthermore (and this is the tricky part), I still want to be able to use the first button (A#4) to switch between some other (not relevant) functionalities while in the "silent" mode, without changing the values saved as the targets for soft takeover on either channel.

The only rules attached to the E5 silent layer right now is a variable saying whether it's been activated or not.

Thanks for the help, if you have any questions, please let me know and I can clarify.
Attachments
SoftTakeover_Silent_Layer_Example.bmtp
Soft Takeover example
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

josephperkins

2010-05-12 09:00:20

hey Johnny

This sounds like your trying to implement soft takeover for both applications / Traktor - Ableton

very interesting

Can't wait to see your final template - Stay in touch

Johnny Vulcan

2010-08-16 23:53:04

New response added to soft-takeover implementation:
http://www.bome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2511

(sorry about the multi-thread, Florian, I'm not sure which you are actively monitoring. (Oh how I wish I could PM you directly ;)