global variables in timer mode

babar69

2010-03-31 14:15:20

Hello,
first many thanks to be able to use this efficient program on stage. Less and less wies, more and more combinaisons with sound ,lights and video, it's great...
But concerning my midi vibes or other percussive piezoelectric triggered instruments, it's an old story, which slowly progress :))::)
So As i'm using differents inetrfacew which send, some 90 notes On and 80 notes Off, others 90 00 as note off, etc ...
I wrote different programs which swallow the notes off, let run the note On during a timer length, to be able to hear something better than a short 12 miliseconds "plock" LOL
My pb is when i use a global variable to set the time lengths to be able to program it for all translators and notes scales. It doesn't work, the global value is not taken in consideration.
To be more precise, if i give for , let's say G9 global variable the value of 200 msec, first it works, but when i want to make some dynamic changes ( with a pedal which send Control value assigned to this global variable, to change the timer lenght, and the note release) it's not active.

By the way, what is the way to erase all global variables. If i make some modifications, re run the program let old values in the global variables... I have to quit the program and run it again.
( yes maybe all this comes from my Fxxxxxxxx computer ? but it's the same on 2 other's PC)

Is there now a manual ( I think florain is gonna kill me, cause iI apologize not to read all the forum...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ):)
and the syntax to program the classic "For Next" and "if X>y AND Z<u" conditions ?

Anyway, this program is a real swiss knife !

Fabrice

babar69

2010-03-31 19:15:56

ok here is the lsiting for alesis triggers interfaces

----------- Preset timer length

Translator 1: assign global nota : the preset is assigned as always active
Options: stop=false
Incoming: Project Opened
Rules:
g9=500
Outgoing: (none)

--------------- Preset do 3

Translator 1: keep only Note ON
Incoming: MIDI 90 3C ga
Rules:
if ga>0 then gb=ga
Outgoing: MIDI 90 3C gb

Translator 2: Sustain Timer
Incoming: MIDI 90 3C gb
Outgoing: One-shot timer "do3": g9 ms delay

Translator 3: Note OFF
Incoming: On timer "do3"
Outgoing: MIDI 90 3C 00

it's really a stupid program but this timer global variable length doesn"t work :(:(:(:(:(:(:

babar69

2010-03-31 21:01:58

by stupid program, I meant mine, not the bome, of course :)

babar69

2010-03-31 21:13:11

ok i took time and found the manual. Thanks a lot, writing a manual takes a lot of time....
Need now to create a Bome Tshirt for the stage

florian

2010-04-01 12:48:05

Hi,

I've tested this on Windows and it works fine. Which version and OS are you using?
Please open the log window and check out what it's saying. It should show the assignment of g9 and setting the timer.
Need now to create a Bome Tshirt for the stage
what a great idea! we should offer them for sale... will come!

THanks,
Florian

babar69

2010-04-01 14:27:37

HI Florian
I think it comes from my misunderstanding of global functions
I mean,in common languages , we declare variables in headers. We can run and run again to test the program
1/ I didn't took attention to the box text saying t'this event wxill be triggered whenever a project"
So, seems logical that I have to run again a bome project to see changes in my global variables affectations.
Is there any to re affect global variables values when testing and dvp, staying in the current project ?
2/ The only way to see global variable correct values; checked in the vent debug window, is to declare the GV0..(ex :"g9=500") in a rule in others presets

So I 'm not doing things correctly ?. I create a first preset to declare my global variables, use the special choice with first sub choice and declare the preset as always active.
Ok it works. Now i want to dynamically modify this global variable with a CC or other incoming to control my timer length.. >Doesn't t work

Who wants to win a BOME THSIRT ????? :)):):):):)

I return in my cavern to find a solution (in between Tyrannosaurus attacks)
(PC running on XP2 pack 2 with intel core 2)

florian

2010-04-07 13:36:24

Hi, you're doing the right thing, as far as I can see.
You can always use File|Restart Project in the menu to retrigger the "On Project Started" translator.
The Log Window also has a button to see all global variables with a value other than 0.

In this forum there are many examples where the timer is controlled with variables, maybe a search will lead you to some good solutions.

You can also check out the example presets that ship with Midi Translator, e.g. the Tranzport one.

Thanks,
Florian

babar69

2010-04-12 20:10:19

Hello Florian
I found my mistake. I was just assigning in first a value to a global variable with the "special" incoming event. Now that I assign the global variable for timer length in a translator with a pedal CC, no pb... All works perfectly and didn"t crashed on stage. Thanks for your fast routines ! As Drummer we appreciate no latency =):):):):)

When i go cross Germany this summer, by München, i will bring you the Bome tshirt if you are there.

See You
Fabrice