selecting midi channel for MT messages

niamhdeb

2010-03-25 16:28:31

Hi,

I'm using a Behringer FCB 1010 with Ableton Live. Until a few months ago, I'd only worked with audio (cello and voice), and used the FCB 1010 to start and stop recording loops. All very simple; keystrokes on the computer end and commands from the footpedal. Recently however, I started using a keyboard with impOSCar, and now there's a clash. Commands from the footpedal (through MT) are changing patches and settings on the impOSCar.

Can I select a specific midi channel for messages from Midi Translator?

Thanks.

Attigo

2010-03-26 10:58:32

Yea sure, that it is simple with MT, how do you want to do it? Do you want the MIDI channel to be open to select, or just translate it from one to another?

Scott

niamhdeb

2010-03-26 14:57:31

Heya,

I'd like to specify a midi channel, and that midi out messages from MT (i.e. from the FCB 1010) only come from that channel. The problem is that the keyboard, FCB 1010, and the VST are all using midi channel 1 as their default channel and midi messages are going to the wrong place. It also affects my computer keyboard when everything is plugged in; the mouse is picked up as midi channel 1/cc 1 and overrides any previous mapping.

Maybe it's a type of filter I really want.

Thanks,
Niamh

niamhdeb

2010-03-26 16:03:28

Hi again,

I've sorted out the issue between the FCB 1010 and the synth (by reading the manual for the footpedal again!). Strange how a manual that seemed so impenetrable makes sense when you go back to it...

Thanks anyway,

niamh