Set clip start to 1.1.1 and change focus to loop brackets??

visual

2010-03-20 01:44:25

Hi!

Is it somwhow possible (without automating the mouse pointer) to set the starting point of a clip to 1.1.1?
And is it also possible to change the focus to the loop brackets, so that you can move the loop with the cursor buttons?

Thanks!

Attigo

2010-03-20 18:32:56

Live does not allow MIDI control of these features. like you say, using the mouse is the only way...

Scott

visual

2010-03-20 18:47:56

Thanks! I solved the loop brackets problem, I'm changing the loop start point with an encoder now.
Do you perhaps know if there is any way (without an mouseclick) to shift the foucs to the bottom half of the screen (where the clip and sample properties are)? Then I could use tke + and - key to zoom in and out.

Attigo

2010-03-20 19:16:52

I'm not sure if Live has opened that functionality up to end users. You can do it with certain controllers, like the APC40, but I don't think it is a feature you or I could MIDI map to. I find Live's MIDI mapping capability is quite limited...

Scott

visual

2010-03-23 09:07:22

Ok, I found it. When you have a channel selected, press F12 two times and you have the focus on the clip view in the lower half. Now you can use the + and - keys to zoom in and out.

lxr71

2010-03-24 23:35:38

Hi,

I don't think you can do the set 1.1.1 here. The other features are possible. I'm using them quite a lot.
If you go into midi map mode, you can see in clip view, that the little textboxes with clip- start and end, as well as those with loop start and loop length are all mappable to controllers. They are connected to launch quantize btw.
Before this became possible, there was another way I used quite a bit: You select sections in the clip (with translators for shift-left and shift-right, so you select stuff as you 'scroll' with a controller knob), then choosing "loop selection" (CTRL-L) and mapping that in BMT to a button on your controller, or something.
In arrange view the loop brace cannot be mapped to midi control, but you can use the 'loop-selection' option.

Also, F12 switches between clip and instrument view. With alt-down(down), you go from the clip grid to the bottom section with instr. and clipviews.
Alt-left gets you from the clip grid to the browser (alt-right brings you back). Create translators for those, as well as the enter key, map all those keys with BMT and you increase your level of control by...well a lot.

...You might then also want to create translators to switch browser views. Those could get a bit tricky, so you could create a translator to open up the menu option for the views (Alt-V Down(8x) Right). You can scroll through the options (with regular up-down translators) and select the one you want with the previously created enter key translator.

Endless fun.
-Alex