Bome+Korg Kaoss Pad+Ableton

ipomea

2010-03-16 12:51:42

Hi
I want to use KP3 touch pad to control various effects or group of effects in Ableton (Windows XP). Precisely, I want to use Bome to change KP3's XY touch pad CC numbers by triggering its program memory buttons (8 buttons on the top of KP3). I never used Bome, so my knowledge is very limited, and it could take lot of time, readings and manuals before make them work. So, I would appreciate it if anybody has some starting suggestions and tips, or maybe some presets for this combination. Or, is t possible to buy mentioned presets? Firstly, I want to test this on trial version, then if it works fine and if it is not too complicated, Im planning to buy software.
thank you very much

Attigo

2010-03-16 16:40:10

Hi ipomea,

This is quite simple in Bome's MT, you just need to have your outgoing CC Note as a 'Global Variable' and use the 8 buttons to change this variable, which will in turn, change the CC Note the XY pad outputs on..

In the example here, I've used the inputs for X and Y as CC's 'B0 00 oo' and 'B0 01 oo' and for the 8 buttons, I've used Notes '90 00 7f' to '90 07 7f'. The variable I have used is 'ga' (the first Global Variable).

Code: Select all

Translator 0: X Axis
Options: stop=false
Incoming: MIDI B0 00 oo 
Outgoing: MIDI B0 ga oo 

Translator 1: Y Axis
Incoming: MIDI B0 01 oo 
Outgoing: MIDI B0 ga oo 

Translator 2: Set Mode 1
Incoming: MIDI 90 00 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=0
Outgoing: (none)

Translator 3: Set Mode 2
Incoming: MIDI 90 01 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=1

Translator 4: Set Mode 3
Incoming: MIDI 90 02 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=2

Translator 5: Set Mode 4
Incoming: MIDI 90 03 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=3

Translator 6: Set Mode 5
Incoming: MIDI 90 04 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=4

Translator 7: Set Mode 6
Incoming: MIDI 90 05 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=5

Translator 8: Set Mode 7
Incoming: MIDI 90 06 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=6

Translator 9: Set Mode 8
Incoming: MIDI 90 07 7f 
Rules: 
  ga=7
I hope this makes sense and helps you!

Scott

ipomea

2010-03-17 14:26:51

OK, thank you very much, Ill give a try. Since im Bome begginer, and im trying to learn it fast and to set up this combination as soon as it is possible (im planning to use it on my next live gig), ill try to write down whole process step by step the, so if you are willing to help me and correct my mistakes:

1. open new preset and set midi in and midi out of preset (KP3 in, BOME out??)
2. new translator - edit translator, for example

Translator 0: X Axis - for example, this is name of translator
Options: stop=false - does it refers on something in Options tab, or it should be checked somewhere?
Incoming: MIDI B0 00 oo - this is written in Incoming tab
Outgoing: MIDI B0 ga oo -this is written in Outgoing tab

3. further, create remaining translator as you posted? course with my CC parameters..

4. i suppose that when preset is created, that i can go in Ableton, and choose Bome midi driver as Input

thank you very much, I appreciate you helping me

Attigo

2010-03-17 16:59:11

Yea, you got that right, but don't worry about the 'stop=false', that is nothing you will ever need to edit.

You should have MIDI IN from your KP and MIDI OUT on Bome's Virtual 1, then in Live select Bome's Virtual 1 as your Input, that is correct.

Another useful thing when developing presets is the 'Log Window', great for debugging and learning how MT process stuff... (Window > Log Window)

Scott