smf-playback-live

mistelalf

2010-03-12 13:56:00

Hello,
as hobbymusician i am looking for playback-midiplayer with realtime-control.
Like me, hobbymusican and one-man-bands are using midifiles as background for performance. But there are missing possibilities to act live – to repeat a phrase, to jump to another area of the song, or to play a refrain as often as publicum wants to hear them.
Solutions are songpositions-marked midifiles as hooks/triggers for jumps and repeats during performance. Markers acts as right-left-boundaries of logical/musical areas within a complete midifile, to trigger and execute as user-selectied.
If the SMF-Player run into songposition-marker, a jump to another songposition maybe the reaction depending on key (mouseclick, screen-touch) pressed before by the user.
Already existing solutions are not useful enough for immidiately and easy usage. It is enough to be able to select a midifile for playback and to get information about existing songposition-markers within the file. To control the movement within a song only four elements are necessary (play/stop – next – previous – loop) and a good continously updated display of currently and next played area (or its marked boundaries).
On my opinion it may be predictable effort for programmers familiar with midiprogramming - maybe someone have ideas how to realize a project smf-playback-live?
alfred/vienna

florian

2010-06-17 16:20:49

Hi Alfred,

thanks for the suggestion, but currently we're not planning a MIDI file player...

Regards,
Florian