keystroke in ableton does not work

wolle

2010-02-24 16:50:56

Hi everybody,

please help me - on Ableton live 8.1.1 the keystrokes from miditranslator do not work. What can be wrong? Everythig else works fine, midi is send to Ableton from miditranslator, the LED from keyout does light on, but nothing comes to Ableton.
I am happy with every suggestion from you.
Thanks

Wolle

Attigo

2010-02-24 17:39:30

Hi wolle,

When you map a letter keystroke into Ableton it might not work by default because it is set up to use the 'qwerty' keyboard as a MIDI keyboard. To turn off this setting, just click the Keyboard icon in the top right of the program, this one here...
Ableton Live Keyboard(MIDI) Toggle Button
Ableton Live Keyboard(MIDI) Toggle Button
Live-Keyboard-Mappings.jpg (12.76 KiB) Viewed 3538 times
Which keys are you mapping in and to what functions?

Hopefully this will fix your problem...

cheers,
Scott

wolle

2010-02-25 08:11:09

Hi Attigo,

thanks for your answer, but i tried this already and it doesn't work.
No Reaction from Ableton, when i try to send a keystroke like "Return" or "Space" to start the Scene.
What else can be wrong?

Wolle

wolle

2010-02-25 08:28:28

Ok, now i got the answer - the problem is, that Ableton must be in the foreground. Whe i do this, it works. I just tried it with a footpedal, that sends midisignals to miditranslator, now it works.
When i use my midi-Software that is on the same Computer as Ableton it does not work. So i have to use 2 Computers!!!
Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem? Is there a possibility to send keystrokes to Ableton on the same computer from which i send the midisignals?

Thanks very much

Wolle