Keystroke emulation of Shift (,) emulates only ,

Michelle242

2010-02-10 22:38:47

First I send a warm and friendly hallo to you all as this is my first post in the forums! :D
I have a problem. I'm on a Mac with OSX 10.5.8 and I bought Bome's Midi Translator Pro yesterday in order to control Image Line's Deckadance DJ program with a Vestax TR-1 DJ controller.
Now to my question: When I try to emulate the keystroke of "," by pressing the left "key" button on my Vestax TR-1 (which causes Deckadance to activate the key lock for Deck A) everything is ok. But when I try to emulate "Shift (,)" (which is used to activate the key lock for Deck B in Deckadance) BMTP still sends out the keystroke of "," without Shift. So this causes Deckadance to activate the key lock for Deck A again. Any idea what went wrong or is this a bug?

Best wishes and thanks for help in advance.

ruediger

2010-02-15 10:41:22

Hi Michele,

I checked this out and I cannot reproduce this.

Keystroke: , --> ,
Keystroke: Shift(,) --> ;

Open a text editor and try this. Should work as expected. Maybe the keystroke combination is not correct.

Best,
Rüdi

Michelle242

2010-02-15 16:54:14

Hallo, Rüdi!
You're absolutely right, I checked this with a text editor. It seems to be the Deckadance application which does not interpret the keystroke properly. It's strange but when I tap the midi key on my TR-1 the text editor gets the ";" but Deckadance at the same time interprets a "," though I can easily get a ";" in Deckadance when I press the combination on my keyboard which is strange but not BMT's fault. Anyway, thank you very much for taking your time and best wishes and keep up the good work!