Ability to search / replace in a colletion of translators

gaston

2010-02-10 00:04:31

Hi all,

Sometime I have a bunch of presets that use the same global variables for ex. g1 & h1.
And I want to duplicate them and modify the same thing (using g2 & h2, different timer, etc...)
It would be nice if we can search replace into a translator or better, a collection of translators.
I guess another solution would be the ability to edit the bmp file into a text editor...

Thanks

ruediger

2010-02-16 15:13:46

Hi gaston,

thanks for the feature request.

Yes, that will be great. We plan to do that in a later version.

Best,
RĂ¼di

dexter

2010-07-05 19:54:56

gaston wrote:Hi all,

Sometime I have a bunch of presets that use the same global variables for ex. g1 & h1.
And I want to duplicate them and modify the same thing (using g2 & h2, different timer, etc...)
Hi all,
I had a similar issue with a lot of Global variables, in a complete diisorder. I resolved it by simply editing the bmtp file with Notepad ++, python Cololors (looks nice :D ) and a global search and replace.

This gives me an idea : a MT language, verry close to python. Why not? It will make the editing of some very "if" translators very fast.
This will be a great piece of work and a complete break with old versions, no backwards compatibiliy, but the benefits may cost the effort.

Have a nice day!