Finer infinite rotary increments

datanoir

2010-02-07 17:49:02

Hi guys,

Im just trying my APC 40 with MT after hearing a lot of good things about customizing and mapping your own controls and creating templates.
All is fine and well but I just cant wrap my head around the APCs infinite rotarys.

I use the first rotary on the top track control to set my start point of an Ableton clip, this all works fine but I want it to be +1 or-1 de/increments depending on which directing im rotating.
If I rotate it now, it jumps 2/3/4 places ahead due to the 127 steps it has, which is hard when you need it at an exact beat. Ive tried mapping it to SHIFT(UP) but when i lose focus of ableton the action loses focus as wel (which is logical).

Any help? Also, any good readup tips on MIDI basics? I know how to hook stuff up and mess with hex but any updates would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attigo

2010-02-08 05:48:51

Hi datanoir,

I don't quite understand what you mean by jumping 2/3/4 steps ahead? Is this because it is an Absolute message it sends? Are your trying to convert this to a Relative message?

cheers,
Scott

datanoir

2010-04-14 12:57:50

I already fixed it. Im not using my APC for track control anymore since I bought a Korg Zero 8 as well.
I cant set the rotarys on the APC to absolute or relative for some reason (in Ableton, havent checked Bome yet) so Im using the Korg rotarys.

I also figured out that the track start and loop start HAVE to start at a rounded digit (like 1.0.0) and
it will work, if you start at say 1.2.3, it doesnt jump to 2.0.0 but to 2.1.2 or something.

Loving MTP so far, not much of a learning curve since I'm used to programming and its very stable.
I only hope that the new Mac version is out soon since I program on windows but my liveset is on a Mac.